Tom runs an architecture studio designing and delivering projects such as residential renovations, extensions, new homes, holiday houses, townhouses and smaller apartment buildings. He focuses on delivering a quality service throughout all the stages of an architectural project. This is achieved by having a listening ear to our client’s needs and responding in a manner that suits the budget, style and expectations. Creativity, out of the box thinking and problem solving are our stand out skills which we apply on anything we undertake.
We’d like our clients to consider us as an assistant through the building process, not a lecturer. We’ll guide them through the process of bringing a design together, applying for planning permits, preparing building permit applications, liaise with consultants, builders, councils, and manage the project on our client’s behalf.
Our office is technology driven and we use various systems to save time and money throughout the decision making process. This includes virtual 3d models of proposed buildings, 360 panoramas, VR and also 3d printed objects to show our clients what their new home or development would look like.
- The services I provide are:
There are lots of different stages throughout the building process. I usually start with an informal conversation to understand what the needs of my clients are so I can figure out the best way to help them. After we then established the brief of the client, I offer the services most suited to what my client needs which can include:
- Envelope Studies and Feasiblity Studies
- Concept Design
- Planning Application preparation and submission, including liaising with Council
- Project Management, including consultant engagement and liaising
- Detail Design Drawings for the purpose of builder's tendering
- Review and recommendation of builder's quotes
- Construction Drawings for the purpose of applying for a Building Permit
- Contract Administration, on site management
- How I can help Fresh members:
I can help Fresh Members by finding out the needs of people within my network and connecting them with a Fresh Member that offers a service fulfulling that need.
- The main business categories in my network are:
- Town Planners
- Engineers (Structural, Hydraulic, Mechanical, Electrical and Civil)
- Graphic Designers
- Lifestyle Consultants
- Community Service
- Property Developers
- Financial Planners
- My target market is:
- People who have an interest in extending or renovating their home but don't know where to start
- Young families that need extra space
- People who have a holiday home or are interested in building one
- Property Developers
- People who recently purchased a property
- People who are investing in the real estate market
- Emily Potter
Tom is a great architect. His calm nature and ability to spend time with our clients to listen to their ideas and goals and then turn them into a design even better than they could imagine is absolutely admirable. I have a great respect for Tom and enjoy working with him on projects.