I have a degree in Economics from Portsmouth University (UK). I started my professional career as a programmer with the Chase Manhattan Bank in 1989. I've travelled extensively, 50+ countries and climbing, and have had many adventures! I met my wife online in 1998 (she was in London, I was in Perth). I have been in the same business, Itomic, since 2000. I live and breathe online/digital/technology. I have 4 kids. How can I help you?
Some of the adventures/experiences I've had include:
- Climbing Kilimanjaro
- Sailing the Atlantic on a 10 metre catamaran
- Yacht coordinator on the (pretty lame!) 20th Century Fox Movie, Speed 2
- Crew member on Dennis Conner's Stars and Stripes, and other 12 metre yachts, thanks to: https://www.12metre.com/
- Hiked the Inca Trail
- Built one of the first ever websites in Venezuela, for an outdoor adventure company (that I worked with for 1.5 years) in the Andes
- Backpacked Africa and South America from top to bottom.
- Been on a week-long mission to China with Austrade.
I'm passionate about creating a cleaner, healthier environment. I'm an unpaid advovate for a local e-bike company (Leitner), and I promote the use of solar panels to my neighbourhood.
I'm one of the two "leads" for my local Warranwood community on https://au.nextdoor.com/.
I'm getting more into mountain biking.
- The services I provide are:
Software development, specialising in websites, web apps, mobile (smartphone and tablet) apps
- Project Management
- Custom development
- G Suite
- WordPress (small-medium websites)
- Drupal (medium-large websites)
- Laravel (the world's most popular framework for custom digital development projects)
- Flutter (native Android and iOS mobile apps from a single codebase)
- How I can help Fresh members:
I started my professional career as a programmer with the Chase Manhattan Bank in 1989. I've travelled extensively, 50+ countries and climbing, and have had many adventures! I met my wife online in 1998 (she was in London, I was in Perth). I have been in (the same) business, Itomic, since 2000. I live and breathe online/digital/technology. I have 4 kids. I'd like to think that I have some valuable experiences/lessons to share with other members!
- The main business categories in my network are:
A very wide variety categories (because everyone needs technology!) but we probably have more government clients (especially the legal sector) than most.
- My target market is:
- Located in Victoria or Western Australia (we have offices in both states)
- Minimum budget of $5k for websites / web apps (but preferabably $20k-$200k)
- Minimum budget of $10k for mobile apps (but preferably $20k-$200k)
- Requiring custom (bespoke) online solutions, i.e. more than just a basic template WordPress, Squarespace, etc. site.